Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Outputting an excel file to a sharepoint

avilla34
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a workflow that is connected to my company's gallery and automatically runs daily. I have an output file that I would like to upload to a sharepoint. What approaches can I take? Other than using the sharepoint list output

6 REPLIES 6
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @avilla34 

Have you tried the sharepoint files output tool from the gallery?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Sharepoint-Tools/ta-p/877903

Luke_C_0-1653487537364.png

avilla34
7 - Meteor

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your response. I have tried that, but I unable to establish a new connection. I have selected the option to sign in via internet browser but nothing pops up, and the username and password option/connecting to url with windows account give me errors.

avilla34_0-1653488336039.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @avilla34 

I had to work with my company's IT department to get the correct permissions set-up. 

avilla34
7 - Meteor

I will reach out to them and ask for assistance. Thank you! Hopefully that resolves the issue

cmartin94028
5 - Atom

Hi, Luke. With the Sharepoint file output tool, have you been able to successfully output a table (includes headers, formatting, etc)? The only way I can tell to output a table is by using the render tool and selecting a normal Excel output file for it to go to, but not a Sharepoint Excel file due to not being able to connect to Sharepoint without the Sharepoint tool. When I connect the Table tool to the SharePoint File Output, I just get the code as the Excel output in SharePoint rather than the actual table.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @cmartin94028 I haven't had to do that so I'm not sure on the answer.

Labels