Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

NULL Values

reginawhelan
8 - Asteroid

I am working on a flow that "Cleanses" data so it can load into our system properly. Some columns have data in some rows but other rows are empty. The Output results with "NULL" in these empty cells and I need these cells to remain empty. 

I used the 'Replace Nulls - Replace with Blanks (String Fields)' and the columns that are completely empty remain empty, my issue is with the columns with a mismatch of empty and populated data.

Is there a way I can return nothing within these empty cells?

Thanks,

Regina

4 REPLIES 4
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @reginawhelan,

You can add a Formula tool (or a Multi-Field Formula tool if you have multiple fields to change) with the following formula:  IF IsNull([fieldname] THEN "" ELSE [fieldname] ENDIF

reginawhelan
8 - Asteroid

Hi there, not sure if you received my reply earlier but even when using this formula the value is "NULL" and I need the value to be nothing. Do you know what I could be doing wrong? 

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@reginawhelan - @T_Willins's solution should have worked. Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of your data that you are looking to adjust?

Attached is an example of a couple of ways I usually address this ask.

reginawhelan
8 - Asteroid

Yes, thank you very much for your help

Labels