Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Microsoft Access - Write Export Table

laurap
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

Im not sure whether it is possible, but I would like to export a file, but write it to an existing database creating a new table. As far as I'm aware the 'In-Database' tools have no option for Microsoft Access Database. I also tried the'Output Data' option but that writes to a new database only? 

Any help help on whether it is possible would be great! 

Many thanks

Laura 

2 REPLIES 2
NickJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Laura,

It looks like you need to follow the instructions on this other Community page (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Microsoft-Access-accdb-Input/ta-p/34051) in order to download the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components. 

Once you've done this, the .accdb format becomes available in the Output Data tool and you can write out to specific tables in your database. I'm attaching a tiny example of using an Analytic App to allow a user to change which table the results get sent to. Let me know if that helps?

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Jewell | datacurious.ai
laurap
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Nick 

Thank you very much for the help. It worked and managed to get the result I was after. 

Many thanks

Laura

Labels