community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer experts.

Microsoft Access .accdb Input

Created on

Question

How come I cannot find my .accdb Access database when I use an Input Data Tool and try to search for it?

Answer

In order to open Access databases with the .accdb extension, you will need to download the Microsoft 2010 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components. Once you download and install, you will just need to close Alteryx if it is open and restart. You will then have 'Microsoft Access (.accdb)' as an option in the Input tool's File Browse drop down:

9-27-2016 2-17-03 PM.png

Comments
Meteoroid

Do they have this for 2013? 

Hi @Lizzie. Sorry for the late reply. This should work for MS Access 2013 as well. Thank you!

Meteoroid

Thanks!

Sure thing, @Lizzie!

Meteoroid

We are having the same issue with Alteryx 10.1 and Office 2016.  We tried the Office 2016 Database Engine Redistributable and that didn't work.  Will this work for our setup?

@todd_henry I would download the 2010 Database Engine referenced in number 2 of this article. You will presumably want the 32-bit versions if you have a "normal" setup. 

Atom

Hi,

To preface, I just started using Alteryx in the afternoon yesterday - it's fairly intuitive and I think I have a workflow largely the way I want it (Salesforce joined to MS Access, with 3 additional Access tables joined across by position), however when I reference my Access file, I don't see an option for a query in Access I've made. So far I haven't seen any literature referring to this, so how do I reference my Access query, or do I need to write SQL through Alteryx to push it up?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Meteoroid

Thank you!