Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Keyword search within tools in Alteryx workflow

AgataSabina
5 - Atom

I need to adjust a series of formulas in a large workflow, and I would like to quickly identify all tools that contain a certain word. For example, I want to be able to search for the term "Ending Balance" and see a list of every formula that uses that term. Is there an easy way to do this? Ctrl+F does not work for this. 

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Have you tried the find functionality (CTRL+F) inside your workflow?

Alteryx workflow files (.yxmd) are XML files.  You can open them with a tool like Notepad++ and search the entire file.

AgataSabina
5 - Atom

It worked when I opened with Notepad. I was hoping to be able to do this within Alteryx, but this is the  next best way it seems.Thank you- appreciate the quick reply!

DanielBr
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Agata,

You can do this within Alteryx using the XML view.

1. Click in the white space of your canvas
  2. In the Configuration Window click on XML View
  3. In the top left click the highlighted word Find
  4. From here you can use the Tool ID to identify where in the workflow the text is found

DanielBr_0-1575569632835.png

Improvements to this are coming soon, you can track the progress of enhancements here.

Please mark this post as the solution if it solves your problem.

Happy Alteryxing,

-Daniel

AgataSabina
5 - Atom

Yes, that works perfectly. Thanks a million!

Labels