Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to use rounding off formula

NehaNevrekar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Please help me to use the rounding off formula in the existing formula as below: 

1. If ([taxable amount] *(5/100)) = [VAT amount] then "No issues" else "Please explain the difference in the tax amount" endif
  2. If [taxable amount] / [VAT amount] = 5.00 Or If [taxable amount] / [tax amount] = "5.00%" then "No Issues" else "Please explain whether this is PMS sale. If no then please explain the nature of transaction" endif

In the first formula I want the result of the multiplication to be rounded off upto 2 decimals and in the second formula i want the result of the division to be rounded off upto 2 decimals.

Also you can correct me in case if i have formulated it wrongly in the above formula according to the data provided. I just want to cross check the Tax amount amount and the rate of rate. It should be "5.00%"

Also attaching the data for your reference.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Neha

4 REPLIES 4
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @NehaNevrekar ,

you need the Round function, e.g.:

Round([VAT amount],0.01)

0.01 to indicate the 2 decimals.

Please find the solution attached.

Best regards

Phil

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @NehaNevrekar ,

did it work out for you?

Your feedback is appreciated as other community members and people who google a similar problem would find the solution here.

Thank you and best regards
Phil

NehaNevrekar
8 - Asteroid

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the solution. It worked for me. I had to tweek the formula a bit as it depends on the data as well. But the formula was helpful for other database.

Cheers!!

Regards,

Neha

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

very nice! 🙂

Labels