Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add rows beneath a table to perform additional calculations. Do I use a reporting tool?

Ragini
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow to export to excel and this is how I want it to look. I have created the table with the GL Key & Amounts. Below that i would like to subtract Total of Incentives and total Facilities. Note that both these pieces are coming from different summarize tool output. How would I go about doing this? Would the best way be to create 3 tables (1 for the account breakdown with totals ), 1 for Incentives and 1 table for Facilities and then arrange this in a layout tool and then export to excel using a Render? Even so how do I calculate the final total? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!!

Final Output Format .PNG

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I suggest calculating each piece needed for the calculation, using each for the calculation, and then stacking them ontop of each other.

In my example, my top input contains each account and I calculate the total sum. From there, my second input contains each item that I need to subtract. I also calculated the total sum. I used a Join tool to get the sums on the same line, then a formula tool to calculate the total. I pivoted this data to get the field name and value in separate columns, then used a filter to just isolate the Total $ amount. To consolidate everything, I used a union tool that was manually configured.

You can then output the data using an Output Data tool.

echuong1_0-1597887187902.png

Hope this helps!

Ragini
7 - Meteor

PERFECT! This is exactly what I need. Thank you so much!

Labels