Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to choose the highest value in duplicated summarize output

oneillp111
9 - Comet

I am trying to obtain the highest occurrence of a string in within another string.  I have gotten close to the end where I have the number of times each string occurs.  Now I need to choose the word with the highest count.  The image below is a snippet of the end of my workflow.  The red boxes show which ones I want to output.  I cant seem to figure out where to go from here, anyone have any suggestions?

oneillp111_0-1655383351650.png

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

If you add a sort tool and sort Count - Descending, then add a Sample tool, selecting Top N Rows (where N = 1 and Group by Material), is that what you're after?

If not, can you expand a little more? Can't quite think of what the logic is from your explanation, sorry.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @oneillp111 

So you want the highest count of just the duplicates? See the attached workflow,

PhilipMannering_0-1655383994306.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@DataNath That retrieve more than the records in the red boxes, no?

oneillp111
9 - Comet

Thank you, both solutions worked!

DataNath
17 - Castor

@PhilipMannering the ones highlighted were the only ones with >1 strings for the same Material so I just assumed it was find the highest if there are multiple.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@DataNath  Ah, I see. My mistake. Good point.

Labels