Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to choose the highest value in duplicated summarize output

oneillp111
9 - Comet

I am trying to obtain the highest occurrence of a string in within another string.  I have gotten close to the end where I have the number of times each string occurs.  Now I need to choose the word with the highest count.  The image below is a snippet of the end of my workflow.  The red boxes show which ones I want to output.  I cant seem to figure out where to go from here, anyone have any suggestions?

oneillp111_0-1655383351650.png

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

If you add a sort tool and sort Count - Descending, then add a Sample tool, selecting Top N Rows (where N = 1 and Group by Material), is that what you're after?

If not, can you expand a little more? Can't quite think of what the logic is from your explanation, sorry.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @oneillp111 

So you want the highest count of just the duplicates? See the attached workflow,

PhilipMannering_0-1655383994306.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@DataNath That retrieve more than the records in the red boxes, no?

oneillp111
9 - Comet

Thank you, both solutions worked!

DataNath
17 - Castor

@PhilipMannering the ones highlighted were the only ones with >1 strings for the same Material so I just assumed it was find the highest if there are multiple.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@DataNath  Ah, I see. My mistake. Good point.

Labels