Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering centroids from an area on a map

RogerA
8 - Asteroid

Hi - i have converted lat/long data onto a map, and there's a specific area i wish to focus on, filtering the data from this area and moving on to the next part of my workflow.

Is there a way to do this?   I have no spatial files to reference against, but i can see by drawing a rectangle on the map preview over the area, it highlights the rows in the browse window.  Is it possible to filter from here in any way?

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @RogerA 

The map tools will zoom to include all the points in your record set.  If you only have one, and the map is zoomed in too much, create a trade area around it.  The map will zoom to show the trade area.

If you have lots of points and are trying to focus on a group of them, filter your records so that they're within a box defined by min/max latitude and min/max longitude

Dan 

RogerA
8 - Asteroid

Yes this makes sense, i can just use a filter tool to go higher or lower than the lat/longs to create a rectangle around the area i need.

Labels