Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: SharePoint Files Input (1): Traceback (most recent call last): File "main.py"

attardc1
7 - Meteor

Error: SharePoint Files Input (1): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 15, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ayx_python_sdk'

Hi All!

Thanks in advance! I've been reading up on other reported issues for the Sharepoint Input tool and wanted to start a specific thread around this error.

I've updated my Designer to version 2021.4.2.02731 and I have reinstalled the lastest version of the Sharepoint Tool through the public Gallery as well.

Both IT and myself are stumped what python package needs to be updated for this tool to work properly. We've reinstalled the 'ayx_python_sdk' as well to no avail. Not sure if it's directly related to permissioning within my own company? Have others seen the same error below? I can view my Document Library in the Sharepoint Input Tool UI, but I am not able to retrieve any of the data. 

I imagine lots of businesses are trying to make the switch to Sharepoint for cloud storage, so I'm really hoping that work is being done to make the Sharepoint tool more "off-the-shelf" within the default tool palette. We use the Alteryx Gallery heavily as well, so having the Sharepoint Tools work easily for automation purposes is very important as well

attardc1_0-1650051132037.png

Thanks in advance fellow Alteryx-ers! I appreciate you

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

For your version, you probably need to do a full reinstallation of Alteryx Designer including the extra steps found here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Complete-Uninstall-of-Alteryx-Desig... 

If you don't feel comfortable doing this on your own, I might suggest opening a case with Alteryx support at the bottom of the page here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Support/bd-p/SupportPage 

Labels