Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Summarise: Error - 'No fields have been selected for output'

achat1995
6 - Meteoroid
I have been trying to build a app where user can browse a file then select any numeric column from a drop down to calculate sum. I have used update raw xml with formula in action tool. But it keeps on failing and says No output field selected. Any help is welcome.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Hi @achat1995, can you provide a screen shot of the action configuration?

achat1995
6 - Meteoroid

Please check the attached workflow

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You may be overcomplicating this if you want your user to only ever select a single field, in that case I would simply overwrite the fieldname in the summerize using the 'update value' option.

The only real need to use the update raw XML in the case of a summerize is in instances where you want your users to be able to select a number of fields.

I've attached an example of how I would simplify this task.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

And as an addition, here is a macro that I have built that uses the 'update raw XML' option to allow users to select a dynamic number of group by fields, sum fields and average fields.

You can take a look at this as an example, and use it with your users if you wish.

Ben

achat1995
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Ben! It is working now. Just got the things little complicated way. Now its fine. Thanks for your guidance. @BenMoss

achat1995
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Ben, The aggregator macro which you have attached is working fine. But whenever i am trying build it my own i am facing the subject issue (No fields selected for output). I am attaching the workflow. Please check if there is any mistake on the work flow. @BenMoss

Labels