Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Dynamic Summarise: Error - 'No fields have been selected for output'

achat1995
Meteoroide
I have been trying to build a app where user can browse a file then select any numeric column from a drop down to calculate sum. I have used update raw xml with formula in action tool. But it keeps on failing and says No output field selected. Any help is welcome.
Thanks
6 RESPUESTAS 6
JoBen
Bólido

Hi @achat1995, can you provide a screen shot of the action configuration?

achat1995
Meteoroide

Please check the attached workflow

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You may be overcomplicating this if you want your user to only ever select a single field, in that case I would simply overwrite the fieldname in the summerize using the 'update value' option.

The only real need to use the update raw XML in the case of a summerize is in instances where you want your users to be able to select a number of fields.

I've attached an example of how I would simplify this task.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

And as an addition, here is a macro that I have built that uses the 'update raw XML' option to allow users to select a dynamic number of group by fields, sum fields and average fields.

You can take a look at this as an example, and use it with your users if you wish.

Ben

achat1995
Meteoroide

Thanks Ben! It is working now. Just got the things little complicated way. Now its fine. Thanks for your guidance. @BenMoss

achat1995
Meteoroide

Hi Ben, The aggregator macro which you have attached is working fine. But whenever i am trying build it my own i am facing the subject issue (No fields selected for output). I am attaching the workflow. Please check if there is any mistake on the work flow. @BenMoss

Etiquetas