Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Designer| Layout and Render

Mj9715
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

I could use some guidance on the layout and render tool - since I have a load of messy tables that need to be written to excel in a certain way. 

Tab 1 of excel output ("Data" in attached excel)

There are two massive tables with header text which I need rendered side by side. I have done this by using the header text tool and "each individual record" and "horizontal layout" in the layout tool settings. However this is giving the following error when the excel is being opened and creates a messy output 

Mj9715_0-1635426338307.png

Tab 2 of same excel output ("Pivot" in attached excel)

I have two tables created using the summarize tool which needs to be rendered as the second tab of the same excel file with a specific sheet name. My guess for doing this is using "each group of records" and "vertical layout" in layout tool. However, this means I have to combine (union or join) the first two tables along with the pivot tables as well, which can be quite messy and big. 

Tab 3 of same excel output ("Summary" in attached excel)

Three summary tables rendered side by side. Same error message as the one above where only some dats is recovered in the output excel. This needs to be tab three of the same excel. 

To summarize my requirements -

1. Table 1 and 2 needs to be rendered on the first and same sheet horizontally 

2. Table 3 and 4 needs to be rendered on the second and same sheet vertically 

3. Table 5, 6, 7 needs to be rendered on the third and same sheet horizontally

What is the least messy way to achieve this please? And also can someone suggest a solution to the error message?

Attached is the excel with the output tables in desired format. Oh and fun note.. this needs to be done across three more datasets..which means essentially 3 x 3 = 9 tabs. 😞 

3 REPLIES 3
alex_escott
5 - Atom

did you ever find a solution to this?

johnparecto
7 - Meteor

did you get an answer to this?

alex_escott
5 - Atom

I figured it out.. see attached for the explanation 

Labels