Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Designate where a column will go in output/ get rid of field info

averyn
6 - Meteoroid

For my output I have two columns of data which I output into an csv

I have to make 32 different csvs extracted from the same file and formatted a particular way, so to make life easier, is there a way to:

A. Take away the First row where the Field Names are and have the 2nd row (where the data begins) be designated to be my first row?

Also, 

B: Is there a way to have my 2nd column of data be place in the F column (like in excel) instead of B column?

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@averyn,

To accomplish #1, I would place a DYNAMIC RENAME tool immediately prior to the output tool.  Configure the rename mode as:  Take field Names from First Row of Data.  This will move your data up to the field names.  

For #2, if you are writing to EXCEL (not a CSV) then you can define a name range in the workbook and you can map your fields to the named column headers.  Otherwise, you can insert a column of data (element) with the value of ',,,,' and that will give you extra columns of data because they are delimiters.

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
StuBurns
5 - Atom

This solution works for "String" Data.

I'm running into a export of numerical data, and when the output tool sends the data as a string to the destination Alteryx breaks the existing formulas in the spreadsheet.

I would rather have a check box in the output tool for an option to "not output field names"

Thank you

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@StuBurns,

Make sure to submit your idea in the Ideas section of the Community so it can get on the Product Team's radar. Smiley Happy

Labels