Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Designate where a column will go in output/ get rid of field info

averyn
6 - Meteoroid

For my output I have two columns of data which I output into an csv

I have to make 32 different csvs extracted from the same file and formatted a particular way, so to make life easier, is there a way to:

A. Take away the First row where the Field Names are and have the 2nd row (where the data begins) be designated to be my first row?

Also, 

B: Is there a way to have my 2nd column of data be place in the F column (like in excel) instead of B column?

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@averyn,

To accomplish #1, I would place a DYNAMIC RENAME tool immediately prior to the output tool.  Configure the rename mode as:  Take field Names from First Row of Data.  This will move your data up to the field names.  

For #2, if you are writing to EXCEL (not a CSV) then you can define a name range in the workbook and you can map your fields to the named column headers.  Otherwise, you can insert a column of data (element) with the value of ',,,,' and that will give you extra columns of data because they are delimiters.

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
StuBurns
5 - Atom

This solution works for "String" Data.

I'm running into a export of numerical data, and when the output tool sends the data as a string to the destination Alteryx breaks the existing formulas in the spreadsheet.

I would rather have a check box in the output tool for an option to "not output field names"

Thank you

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@StuBurns,

Make sure to submit your idea in the Ideas section of the Community so it can get on the Product Team's radar. Smiley Happy

Labels