Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create a date column based on values of another Column

Dwayne_Calvert
5 - Atom

I currently have a workflow that outputs 2 columns; column A outputs Days Past Due with values 60 through to X and Column B with a count of customers at their respective Days Past Due. I would like to output a third column based on Column A values. The new column should output a date. Essentially; "IF Days_Past_Due >= 93 THEN [Today's Date]" All values less than 93 would progressively add 1 day to today's date. I have attached a sample table in Excel CSV format to show what my thoughts are without knowing the exact expression I would use to create the 3rd column dates.

I am using In-DB connection tools within Alteryx.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 112800.png

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Dwayne_Calvert ,

I've mocked up a workflow that I think answers your question. You can bring data out and in of the DB stream by using a data stream out and data stream in tools at the start and at the end of the normal workflow.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,

Angelos

Dwayne_Calvert
5 - Atom

Thanks so much AngelosPachis, super helpful 😀 Really appreciate the quick response!

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

I am glad that the workflow worked for you and well done for posting to the community once you faced a challenge within Alteryx!

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Take care

Labels