Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot Find Macro : when scheduling the workflow having a certain macro

lalitsankhla
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a workflow that where the data is coming through the google sheets input. When I run the workflow, it works fine but on the scheduler, it gives the following errors:

'Cannot find macro' for google sheets input tool.

Attaching the screenshot of the error:

lalit_sankhla_0-1622091951385.png

Thanks in Advance.

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lalitsankhla 

Did you try running manually on the server too did it run ?

lalitsankhla
7 - Meteor

Hey @atcodedog05 , I am working on the Desktop Automation environment and the workflows are scheduled to run from the original location on disc.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lalitsankhla 

You might want to check your path setting they might be relative and set them to absolute.

Go to below setting

atcodedog05_0-1622095522568.png

It will pop a window like below.

atcodedog05_1-1622095603056.png

You can set to all absolute or all UNC, click on ok. Save it now and check on scheduler.

Hope this helps 🙂

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @lalitsankhla 

Are you running the non-admin version of Designer.  If so, the supporting macros get installed in your personal AppData folders.  If the Automation engine doesn't run with your user account, i.e. it runs with Local System, it won't have access to your AppData. 

Dan  

lalitsankhla
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang,

I am running the Admin-Version of Designer. still not able to figure out the issue.

Whereas I have crew macros and they are running absolutely fine with the scheduler.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lalitsankhla 

If Crew macro is working and yours is not, reason could maybe path issue.

These could be possible fixes

1. Change path to absolute path in workflow dependency and check.

2. You can check the path of Crew macros in work dependency and add your macros to same folder, configure accordingly and check

Let me know if it works

lalitsankhla
7 - Meteor

Thanks, @atcodedog05, It worked. I moved the macro to the folder where other macros are stored.

Labels