Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Block Until Done is not working

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have a workflow that takes data from the database compared with new records received by CSV and counts the number of new records. I use multiple join tool to combine all the counted new records from different part of the workflow and put them all in a single email. (I have attached a photo of the workflow for your reference)

Even by using the block until done tool, I receive 10 emails from this workflow as the counted records hit the email tool, not at the same time.

I want to receive only one email, with the data of all counted new records in one email.

Would you please guide me on how I can achieve this?

Kind regards,

Vahid

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@VahidGoli 
I am sorry but I failed to understand the purpose of Block Until Done here.
In the To option, you maybe are using a Field, which contains multple row of data?

By which, the workflow will send email for each of data.

Qiu_0-1622428807521.png

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your reply, @Qiu.

I will try to see if I can ask my question properly.

As I attached a photo of the workflow, you see each CSV file is compared against its own table in the database to see any new record in the CSV file. The new records are counted by the Count Record tool.

I have 10 of this comparison scenario which means I will end up with 10 fields with their own value (the new records count).

All these fields are joined by the join Multiple tools to have them in the table with 10 columns (each field one column).

Then I use the field values in the body of my email, and I don't use the field in the email tool at all. It's just getting the body from the Layout tool.

Any Idea how I can fix this now?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @VahidGoli 

1. First issue is if you want to send a single email you need to make sure only single row is sent to the email tool. You can probably change layout tool config to "all records combined" this way only single row is sent.

2. If you are looking for a single consolidated list sent in a single email where the upper body is not repeated (ex Hi, please find below etc) then you need to use a table tool and put all the records into a single table. Once its converted to table its becomes single row and report text can be easily be attached on top of it like below. This column can be reference as body in email tool. And only single body is sent.

atcodedog05_0-1622442794935.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Labels