Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate Average Distance Between Multiple Points for Multiple Boundaries

jwessma
7 - Meteor

Hello Community, I am hoping you can help me on this. I have a list of multiple locations that are assigned to technicians as part of their support route. I want to find the average distance between all of their assigned points, and have been able to accomplish this with a filter. What I would like to do, is have this occur for each assignee without having to re-create a filter for each one and have one output, that shows all of the assignee's average location distance.  I have uploaded my example.

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jwessma.

I recommend starting out by removing 0 distance (self) matches from your original workflow so it doesn't affect your average calculations. I've attached a workflow that summarizes all the average distance by assignee at once. This works well for small sample sets like this, but if this need to scale to thousands of records, a Batch macro would be best.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

EDIT: Double post, sorry. 

jwessma
7 - Meteor

This was absolutely brilliant! I tried on a file of 60k records and it ran like a charm. Thanks!

Labels