Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate Average Distance Between Multiple Points for Multiple Boundaries

jwessma
7 - Meteor

Hello Community, I am hoping you can help me on this. I have a list of multiple locations that are assigned to technicians as part of their support route. I want to find the average distance between all of their assigned points, and have been able to accomplish this with a filter. What I would like to do, is have this occur for each assignee without having to re-create a filter for each one and have one output, that shows all of the assignee's average location distance.  I have uploaded my example.

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jwessma.

I recommend starting out by removing 0 distance (self) matches from your original workflow so it doesn't affect your average calculations. I've attached a workflow that summarizes all the average distance by assignee at once. This works well for small sample sets like this, but if this need to scale to thousands of records, a Batch macro would be best.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

EDIT: Double post, sorry. 

jwessma
7 - Meteor

This was absolutely brilliant! I tried on a file of 60k records and it ran like a charm. Thanks!

Labels