Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatically take column names from a field while aggregating

AbhishekRath
5 - Atom

Hi 

I am having scenario, where I have say 3 to 5 files coming in each week. I need to present a weekly representation as I have represented in the image below.

The files can all be in one folder, from where Alteryx picks them up. I know I can do this using a multi Join, what I am really looking for a way out is, how can I automatically take the column name from the date field. In the Multi Join field, I have to manually type in the name of fields. (Attached a workflow).

Scenario.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @AbhishekRath,

One way to do this is using the cross-tab tool:

IraWatt_0-1669125473086.png

This solution uses the cross tab tool which can be hard to understand to new users. I would recommend checking out the community Getting-Started-Learning-Path for some context on how they work: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117#done

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @AbhishekRath 

I would recommend doing like this instead:

gautiergodard_0-1669125515294.png

Hope this helps!

AbhishekRath
5 - Atom

Hey @IraWatt and @gautiergodard, thanks a lot to you both for the solution. I had always struggled to understand the CrossTab and MultiRow Function tools, which is why I could not reach to the solution. Thanks again for the quick response on the same...Cheers!

Labels