Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatically take column names from a field while aggregating

AbhishekRath
5 - Atom

Hi 

I am having scenario, where I have say 3 to 5 files coming in each week. I need to present a weekly representation as I have represented in the image below.

The files can all be in one folder, from where Alteryx picks them up. I know I can do this using a multi Join, what I am really looking for a way out is, how can I automatically take the column name from the date field. In the Multi Join field, I have to manually type in the name of fields. (Attached a workflow).

Scenario.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @AbhishekRath,

One way to do this is using the cross-tab tool:

IraWatt_0-1669125473086.png

This solution uses the cross tab tool which can be hard to understand to new users. I would recommend checking out the community Getting-Started-Learning-Path for some context on how they work: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117#done

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @AbhishekRath 

I would recommend doing like this instead:

gautiergodard_0-1669125515294.png

Hope this helps!

AbhishekRath
5 - Atom

Hey @IraWatt and @gautiergodard, thanks a lot to you both for the solution. I had always struggled to understand the CrossTab and MultiRow Function tools, which is why I could not reach to the solution. Thanks again for the quick response on the same...Cheers!

Labels