Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic Apps

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow in which I have to select a city using an analytic app but then I want the select tool to change the selected fields based on what city the user selects in the analytic app. Please help!!

9 REPLIES 9
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ben_d_jacob 

Could you please show us some more information? For example, the workflow you created, screenshots, and images of the output you want.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @ben_d_jacob ,

I have mocked up a workflow that answers your question. Let me know if that works for you.

Regards,

Angelos

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Perhaps you can use the Dynamic Select tool.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1605600245768.png

You can try to it at "Open Example".

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

Hi Angelos, I'm not able to open this file, so is there another workaround for this? I'm extremely sorry but I'm just a beginner

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

Hi Angelos,

I'm not able to open this file, so is there another workaround for this? I'm extremely sorry but I'm just a beginner

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

No worries @ben_d_jacob ,

Once you have downloaded the .yxwz file, instead of double clicking on it to open it, just drag it onto your Alteryx Designer canvas. Double-clicking will run the app, but you want to see the tools contained in that workflow.

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

Hi Angelos,

Thank you so much for your response. I saw the workflow you have sent but I do have a few queries in my mind.

Could you please tell me if this particular scenario is possible...

I select a particular city...now based on that selection , i want my select tool to select a few columns and let it pass through to an output.

now,

when the city changes, I want the select tool to change the above obtained columns to another set of columns from my dataset itself...

like if i select city A, then columns 1,2 and 3 should be seen, if City B is selected in the app, then columns  4,5 & 6

I know this might be disrespectful to ask after the help you have given but please do reply if possible. 

Thank you

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @ben_d_jacob ,

The app can already do that, no? For example, if you select City A, the you get a different set of columns that if you select city D.

Content_Filter.gif

You can define which columns are picked for every city from within the app, in the text input tool. Please let me know if I am missing something.

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

@Angelos

No, this is the perfect solution...

Thank you so much

Labels