Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic Apps

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow in which I have to select a city using an analytic app but then I want the select tool to change the selected fields based on what city the user selects in the analytic app. Please help!!

9 REPLIES 9
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ben_d_jacob 

Could you please show us some more information? For example, the workflow you created, screenshots, and images of the output you want.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @ben_d_jacob ,

I have mocked up a workflow that answers your question. Let me know if that works for you.

Regards,

Angelos

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Perhaps you can use the Dynamic Select tool.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1605600245768.png

You can try to it at "Open Example".

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

Hi Angelos, I'm not able to open this file, so is there another workaround for this? I'm extremely sorry but I'm just a beginner

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

Hi Angelos,

I'm not able to open this file, so is there another workaround for this? I'm extremely sorry but I'm just a beginner

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

No worries @ben_d_jacob ,

Once you have downloaded the .yxwz file, instead of double clicking on it to open it, just drag it onto your Alteryx Designer canvas. Double-clicking will run the app, but you want to see the tools contained in that workflow.

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

Hi Angelos,

Thank you so much for your response. I saw the workflow you have sent but I do have a few queries in my mind.

Could you please tell me if this particular scenario is possible...

I select a particular city...now based on that selection , i want my select tool to select a few columns and let it pass through to an output.

now,

when the city changes, I want the select tool to change the above obtained columns to another set of columns from my dataset itself...

like if i select city A, then columns 1,2 and 3 should be seen, if City B is selected in the app, then columns  4,5 & 6

I know this might be disrespectful to ask after the help you have given but please do reply if possible. 

Thank you

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @ben_d_jacob ,

The app can already do that, no? For example, if you select City A, the you get a different set of columns that if you select city D.

Content_Filter.gif

You can define which columns are picked for every city from within the app, in the text input tool. Please let me know if I am missing something.

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

@Angelos

No, this is the perfect solution...

Thank you so much

Labels