Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding comments on report from Render

ksarker
7 - Meteor

Hi,

i am generating our quarterly report for multiple products on Alteryx through reports tools(from excel database into one page pdf file). on report i have to add definition for each methodology. on attachment you will see line 1-7 are my current report view which repeating same definition on column E for same methodology. how could we eliminate this duplicate issue for definition and add this definition on row (like A11 on attachment) only once instead of repeating on column. 

4 REPLIES 4
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

How about something like this?

DavidP_0-1596093728253.png

ksarker
7 - Meteor

thanks for your quick response. this workflow works only when there is one methodology with a single definition. once we add more than one methodology on the data then this will duplicate same methodology with all other definition on rows. you can see these duplicates on rows A21,A28 & 37. our expectation to repeat methodology with definition only once such as A49  & A56

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

How about this?

In the Table tool you have to Group by Methodology and then use a Join Tool instead of Append Fields to Join each Methodology Table to its method and definition information

DavidP_1-1596525548132.png

ksarker
7 - Meteor

awesome thank you so much for your help. 

Labels