Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

search and update a line of data

TFrankD237
7 - Meteor

Hello

i have a problem i would like to be able to do a search on the unique identifier of an item in my dataset in order to be able to modify the different items like the name, the price, the delivery date and the comment and that this is updated in my original file.

I've tried the search and replace tool but it requires you to know the old value before entering the new one and then it will change the value in the whole dataset I want unique for a line I've chosen

I don't have any data to give you as an example.

Sincerely

4 REPLIES 4
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

the tile tool can help with unique identifiers have you tired that?

Swathi
8 - Asteroid

May be you can use the control parameter to pass the identifier and once it matches with the data then you can use your replace value or string whatever 

TFrankD237
7 - Meteor

NO never

TFrankD237
7 - Meteor

excuse me i'm a new user of alteryx is it possible to have a worflow as an example

Labels