Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analysis

Ayaanarjun-5885
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have 5 legal companies with Country of incorporation, Domicile and legal country. I have to find out the Duplicate and unique companies based on the attributes(COI,COD,Legal country). To get the duplicates, atleast one value of attribute should match with other among the all the companies.If any of the value not matching with the other attributes then they are unique.

ConclusionDuplicate(Matching COI with B)Duplicate(matching COD with A)Unique(Not matching with anything)Duplicate(matching COI with A and B)Unique(Not matching with anything)
Legal CompanyABcDE
COIUSCAGBUSIE
CODUSUS GBCA
Legal countryCACAUSIEGB
2 REPLIES 2
peterr_h
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Ayaanarjun-5885,

I've attached an example solution for you here.

There is a formula tool with a long comment attached to it - the formula in here checks for matches based on various conditions. From what I gathered, you only want to flag where countries match for corresponding items (i.e. two COIs matching counts, but a COI matching with a COD does not count). If this is not correct, then this will be a simple change in the formula tool.

Please let me know if you need any help, but this should give you the solution you require, even if it requires a bit of tweaking.

The upper container is just ensuring that each match is unique - i.e., it isn't flagging both A matching to B on COD and B matching to A on COD (as these are the same thing, just reversed). This is a dynamic solution so will work/scale for whatever incoming dataset you have.

Let me know if you need any further help!

Cheers,

Peter

Ayaanarjun-5885
7 - Meteor

Hi @peterr_h 

Thank you so much for the below. It Worked to my data. I also wanted to add one more field to the below data "Cluster ID".

I wanted to perform the below analysis within the same Clusters as per the below. I have 3 different clusters below, so I wanted to perform analysis within each cluster for all the records to get output. Could you please help me in grouping by Cluster ID and perform analysis. I have 3 sets such as (A,B), (C,D,E,F,G),(H,I,J). Analysis should be among the records in those clusters only.

Thanks In Advance.

Company NameCluster IDCOICODLegal countryClassification
A003284297 GBGBNot Duplicates
B003284297USUSMQNot Duplicates
C003269552CACACADuplicates
D003269552US[Null]USNot Duplicate
E003269552CACACADuplicates
F003269552CACACADuplicates
G003269552CACACADuplicates
H003294759IEIEIENot Duplicate
I003294759GBGBGBDuplicates
J003294759 GBGBDuplicates