Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

replacing characters

Anasitani
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am new to Alteryx and I am trying to replace some symbols such as ä, ö, é, &, ", etc... with a, o, e, and... I stumbled across two methods, the first being the RegEx which I've noticed is only limited to one character per formula which makes the whole thing a little messy. The second formula is the find and replace, which I think could be better but I am trying to connect two separate excels instead of two sheets on the same file. My question is, is it possible to either do multiple replaces on RegEx or to link separate excel files onto a find and replace tool?

Thanks a lot

Anas

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Anasitani The find and replace route is definitely better than Regex for this use case in my opinion. You can use multiple files with the find and replace tool. Do you have any example files/data?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Anasitani 
We can always bring the seperated files into the workflow with a dynamic input tool by providing the file link.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Anasitani, you can create a data mapping file and leverage that to replace the special characters in your string. Please refer to the screenshot below if that helps?

grazitti_sapna_0-1654691040094.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Anasitani one way of doing this with the DecomposeUnicodeForMatch() function

binuacs_0-1654722412752.png

Labels