Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow into APP

neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello to everyone.

Right now I’m working to transform a workflow into an APP but in not sure on how to do it.

action.JPG

For why I understand you need and “action” but not quite sure where to connect it

workflow_2.jpg

thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Actions tend to link to the 'lightning bolt' on tools, like so:

DataNath_0-1653927128698.png

This indicates that what is entered/passed through from the interface tool will then change what is in the target tool. Within the action tool you can configure how this change takes place and/or what it influences. Would recommend having a read through the knowledge base article below:

https://help.alteryx.com/2021.3/Action.htm

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

In addition to @DataNath's suggestion (which is great btw, I refer customers to that article often), based on your attached screenshot, I'm thinking a good "entry" point (i.e. the Lightning Bolt connection that DataNath mentioned might be the Filter tool you show on your canvas. Using this, you can dynamically alter the contents of the filter to filter on whatever name is typed into the Text Box tool...in your case, assuming "Nelson" is in your data, if the user types Nelson, and you have your filter set up to filter on the field 'NAME' for example, your workflow will run and only show data for Nelson. Just drag a connector from the Action tool and connect to the lightning bolt on the filter.

Labels