Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

delete pairs of duplicates from multiple rows and create a unique pair

ChandraS
5 - Atom

I want to delete pairs of duplicates from multiple rows and create a unique pair.

My data is looks like below:

RecordID

Unique_record

Comp1

Comp1_win

Comp1_price

Comp2

Comp2_win

Comp2_price

Comp3

Comp3_win

Comp3_price

ADL402019-07-30

Abc

Yes

xyz

No

ADL402019-07-30

pqr

Yes

ADL402019-07-30

xyz

No

ADL402019-07-30

Abc

Yes

xyz

No

lmn

Yes

I want the output to be:

Unique_record

Comp1

Comp1_win

Comp1_price

Comp2

Comp2_win

Comp2_price

Comp3

Comp3_win

Comp3_price

Comp4

Comp4_win

Comp4_price

ADL402019-07-30

Abc

Yes

xyz

No

pqr

Yes

lmn

Yes

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @ChandraS , try this workflow, I hope it helps. Also please refer to the screenshot with the desired output and mark this post as a solution if works!

grazitti_sapna_0-1592216073193.png

Sapna Gupta
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's my attempt

DavidP_0-1592217131521.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @ChandraS ,

is a bit more complicated than it seemed ... had to convert it first to a "general" list with columns comp, price and win and re-create to columns. I've attached a sample workflow.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

ChandraS
5 - Atom

Hi DavidP,

Thank you for the quick response. None of the solutions are working for me.

Actually, i have 30 odd other fields(including RecordID), RecordID is used in deriving couple of fields, so,  i don't want to recreate a new RecordID. I have around 20 competitors(each with name, win, price combination), i have to make this unique pairs per Unique record and then map the remaining fields based on Unique record. Hope this makes the requirement clear. Thank you

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ChandraS 

Can you provide some sample data, with all the fields along with a list of which fields are dynamic.  We need this because the various transformations performed on the data mean that the output is dependent on the fields contained in the input set.  The summarization and crosstab tools may be removing some of the fields that you need.  Without a complete list of input fields, no solution will completely solve your problem.   

If you can't provide a complete sample input, the best that we can do is provide solutions that work with the data that you have provided.  Any additional fields may require modification to these solutions to produce the output you're looking for.  If you study these solutions you may be able to learn enough about the techniques used to adapt them to handle your new requirements.  If you have specific questions about how any of the solutions work, post them here and we'll gladly help you.

Dan

Labels