Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

data cleaning - remove highlighted data from the file

Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

I have attached dummy data here and I want to remove yellow highlighted data every time.

One thing about this data is it will not have any value from column F till column I.

Could someone help me in this? This is really urgent 

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Meghnagupta IF the colum F will be empty for the records to be deleted then you can add a filter tool like below

image.png

Rhys_Cooper
8 - Asteroid
Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs : It won't work this way because I need this filter when all the columns are blank. If I put this filter then it will be restricted to only one column nd which is not the case. 

Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

@Rhys_Cooper : I tried this thread but macro being used here is throwing an error and I am unable to configure that.

Rhys_Cooper
8 - Asteroid

@Meghnaguptamay you share the exact error code please and I will look into it

Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @Rhys_Cooper :

please find screenshot of error

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Meghnagupta Can you give a little bit more information about your requirement? my understanding is that you need to remove the highlighted rows, where these records there will not be any data from Colum F to I, that is why i suggested to use filter tool

Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs : I have data in 3 sections in same sheet.

I want to remove data from first section of data only. Because that portion only have yellow highlighted data.

Also, first section can also have any null values also from column F to column I. But, I would need to filter the data which has all the values blank.

Basically, data can be filtered on either of below:

1. Yellow highlighted data

2. Where all the values are null from column F to column I

Labels