Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow

anupgupta12
8 - Asteroid

Can someone share a workflow with the use of constant and workflow dependencies? I just want learn its practical use.

Also, please share the link of Use cases or weekly challenges.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Say you have 2 inputs (or 200 for that matter), all linked to your desktop:
2021-06-02 07_34_49-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow6_.png

And then say all the data moves to another location (like "N:\TeamData\").  You can just update that Directory above and bam - all 200 inputs will be updated at once.

anupgupta12
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, can you also share an example of Constants?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @anupgupta12 

Constants are basically external values and is fixed for a workflow. It can be used in formula tool to get more info and use it in workflow like workflow name, path etc. Here i am using workflow filename to get workflow name.

atcodedog05_0-1622709364019.png

Hope this helps 🙂

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Opps, forgot to address the constants part.  Looks like @atcodedog05 covered that for you; cheers!

anupgupta12
8 - Asteroid

One Quick question on WD - If a workflow has  10 inputs and they are coming from subfolder with a folder, let's say from 4 subfolder, so in this case I need to update links 4 times..ryt?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @anupgupta12 

Can you provide more info on the scenario. We will be happy to help 🙂

Labels