Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Messages - is it possible to have these output to a report or table?

NikiJF
7 - Meteor

Hi, I have recently finished creating a workflow to replace an Access DB - it takes 25 files, formats them and produces 24 output files which are then used elsewhere. I would like to harness the data contained in the Workflow Messages (screenshot attached, specifically the data related to the Output Data messages) to produce a report showing how many results are in each output table - do you know if this is possible, or would I need to approach this from a different angle? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4
jdminton
12 - Quasar

In the 2023.1 version, yes. You can add a control container and connect a browse tool to the output to see the workflow messages. Add a regular output tool to send to file.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

A couple of options come to mind.  If you have the latest version you could put the output tool in a control container, which will let you get the messages from the container output anchor.  Alternatively if you're building a report, use Count Records tools alongside the outputs to give you the totals.

Christina_H_0-1687348378958.png

NikiJF
7 - Meteor

@jdminton Thanks very much for this - we don't have the latest version yet, I'm not sure when it's scheduled, but I will make a note to try this once we have upgraded.

NikiJF
7 - Meteor

@Christina_H Thanks very much for this, I will look into creating a report using Count Record tools until we update to the new version.

Labels