Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Messages - is it possible to have these output to a report or table?

NikiJF
7 - Meteor

Hi, I have recently finished creating a workflow to replace an Access DB - it takes 25 files, formats them and produces 24 output files which are then used elsewhere. I would like to harness the data contained in the Workflow Messages (screenshot attached, specifically the data related to the Output Data messages) to produce a report showing how many results are in each output table - do you know if this is possible, or would I need to approach this from a different angle? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4
jdminton
12 - Quasar

In the 2023.1 version, yes. You can add a control container and connect a browse tool to the output to see the workflow messages. Add a regular output tool to send to file.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

A couple of options come to mind.  If you have the latest version you could put the output tool in a control container, which will let you get the messages from the container output anchor.  Alternatively if you're building a report, use Count Records tools alongside the outputs to give you the totals.

Christina_H_0-1687348378958.png

NikiJF
7 - Meteor

@jdminton Thanks very much for this - we don't have the latest version yet, I'm not sure when it's scheduled, but I will make a note to try this once we have upgraded.

NikiJF
7 - Meteor

@Christina_H Thanks very much for this, I will look into creating a report using Count Record tools until we update to the new version.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels