Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

User Prompt for Data Filtering

MJ54
7 - Meteor
Hi All! I am looking to create a workflow that asks users which months of data they would like to focus on. For context, I have an input file that has a column which displays dates in US format (m/dd/yyyy). I would ideally like to ask the user to select a month OR months from a dropdown, and then this column mentioned above would then be filtered on the dates within the months that the user selected. Any idea how I can achieve this?
6 REPLIES 6
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MJ54 ,

You need to build an Analytics App using the date picket connected to a filter via the Action tool.

You can find the Interactive Lessons for creating these apps HERE.

I hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

MJ54
7 - Meteor
The lessons seem to only contain very simplified examples and I am not sure how I can expand on those. For an example, they only teach you how to make a drop down with one criteria selected, but I would need up to 4 criteria selected. Can you point me in the right direction to something more relevant to my inquiry?
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MJ54 ,

if you provide some mock data I can build it for you and show you how it's done.

M.

Bulien

MJ54
7 - Meteor
For some reason, I am not able to attach anything. I'll describe my current workflow as best as I can: Right now, I have two Date Interfaces (1 for Start Date and 1 for End Date). Both are connected to separate Action Interfaces that feed into a filter button. I have a field in the source data (Column A for the purposes of this exercise) that just contains random dates all the way back to 2019 in m/dd/yyyy format. Basically I want the user to select a start date and an end date, and then Column A would contain all of the dates between the ones selected by the user.
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MJ54 ,

I've built a basic app showing how you can have multi-class drop-downs and a selector each for start and end date:

mceleavey_0-1623782411102.png

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

MJ54
7 - Meteor
Hi! Thank you very much for that. I didn't realize you can connect your date interfaces directly to the filter function. This worked perfectly!
Labels