Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use single connection to insert into multiple tables

felipeecst
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Alteryx and I'm trying to build a simple importation workflow that will read data from several distinct worksheets and save each of them into a different table in the same database. 

What I am doing now is to set an Input Data Tool (to read the worksheet) and an Output Data Tool (to insert data into table) for each worksheet and configuring a new database connection for each one (the database is the same, but the tables are different). The problem with this approach is that if I need to change the database connection string, I would need to change every single Output Data tool. So, I wonder if there is a better approach for doing that.

Can anyone help me doing that?

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
OceanBass
5 - Atom

Hi,bsharbo

Thank you very much for your information. Would you please still provide the example you mentioned above, as I could learn more from your example on how to handle multiple inputs. thanks very much!Smiley Very Happy

btw, when I want to set alias for In-DB connections, it did not show the folder path if I set connection type using "File", anyone has idea? I use version 10.1.6

Snap2.jpg

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to do something similar but I need to pull 3 different columns from 3 tables (2 are similar and 1  has a column that I need to pull from that is different from the other2) would it still the same way as you listed?

Labels