Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use single connection to insert into multiple tables

felipeecst
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Alteryx and I'm trying to build a simple importation workflow that will read data from several distinct worksheets and save each of them into a different table in the same database. 

What I am doing now is to set an Input Data Tool (to read the worksheet) and an Output Data Tool (to insert data into table) for each worksheet and configuring a new database connection for each one (the database is the same, but the tables are different). The problem with this approach is that if I need to change the database connection string, I would need to change every single Output Data tool. So, I wonder if there is a better approach for doing that.

Can anyone help me doing that?

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
OceanBass
5 - Atom

Hi,bsharbo

Thank you very much for your information. Would you please still provide the example you mentioned above, as I could learn more from your example on how to handle multiple inputs. thanks very much!Smiley Very Happy

btw, when I want to set alias for In-DB connections, it did not show the folder path if I set connection type using "File", anyone has idea? I use version 10.1.6

Snap2.jpg

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to do something similar but I need to pull 3 different columns from 3 tables (2 are similar and 1  has a column that I need to pull from that is different from the other2) would it still the same way as you listed?

Labels