Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Update a SQL string to extract based on dynamic list of values

Tmanuela
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I try to download from a db all consumption for all meters, and as the loading takes too much I want to download only the values that interest me, for example only the meters that I want to check against. 

What I want to achieve: I have this dynamic list of meters that must be checked against what consumption exist for each of them only on the db, if there is already a consumption I have to sum with the current one and will update values afterwards. 

The question is if there is a way to update the SQL string always where my list will be '1111, 22222, 44444' for example or the string below: 

Tmanuela_0-1640612333460.png

Below is one example where I update a client name manually when using the app on this string via an Update value tool, but now I want to dynamically this query to be updated and extract only my list above..if is possible.

Tmanuela_1-1640612569598.png

Is this something achievable? I do not find any way to make it work.

Thank you!

M.

1 REPLY 1
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Tmanuela ,

This can be done with a Dynamic Input tool. If you open the example of the tool, you will find a flow that shows you how to update the Where Clause in a SQL query

AngelosPachis_0-1640614931928.png

Labels