Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Update a SQL string to extract based on dynamic list of values

Tmanuela
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I try to download from a db all consumption for all meters, and as the loading takes too much I want to download only the values that interest me, for example only the meters that I want to check against. 

What I want to achieve: I have this dynamic list of meters that must be checked against what consumption exist for each of them only on the db, if there is already a consumption I have to sum with the current one and will update values afterwards. 

The question is if there is a way to update the SQL string always where my list will be '1111, 22222, 44444' for example or the string below: 

Tmanuela_0-1640612333460.png

Below is one example where I update a client name manually when using the app on this string via an Update value tool, but now I want to dynamically this query to be updated and extract only my list above..if is possible.

Tmanuela_1-1640612569598.png

Is this something achievable? I do not find any way to make it work.

Thank you!

M.

1 REPLY 1
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Tmanuela ,

This can be done with a Dynamic Input tool. If you open the example of the tool, you will find a flow that shows you how to update the Where Clause in a SQL query

AngelosPachis_0-1640614931928.png

Labels