Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Union Tool - The Input "#2" was not initialized.

mschmeiser
7 - Meteor

I have two data streams which need to be unioned together. One of the data streams often contains no data which is causing the union tool to encounter an error, input was not initialized. I have read through other discussions and have tried adding a text input, another .xlsx file with a single blank line, adding a block until done, etc. Nothing seems to resolve the error. 

mschmeiser_0-1663868558615.png

16 REPLIES 16
wesleygrey
7 - Meteor

Hi @TonyaS, I'm currently responsible for upgrading my users to Designer/Server 2022.1, and will likely not upgrade to 2023.1+ until a year from now. I just randomly encountered this issue while running an already mature and functional 2021.3 workflow (tried using both AMP and non-AMP, and still experiencing it). I can't imagine having to work with my users' tickets for a year to handle this. Is there any way this can be resolved for v2022+ through patching, please?

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@wesleygrey 
We had not planned on backporting the fix to any prior versions, but we will discuss internally to see what can be done. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
wesleygrey
7 - Meteor

Thank you. If patching is not an option, then having an understanding of the root causes so we can configure our workflows to avoid it, or any workarounds would be helpful. The Union is a very common tool, so it's only a matter of time before several of my hundreds of users bombard me with troubleshooting this problem. Right now, I'm backed into a corner. Thanks.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @TonyaS 

Could you please tell me that when about the v2023.1 Release ?

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sorry, but we do not provide dates for future Releases. 
I can only say that 2023.1 is our next planned Release and there are 2 major GA Releases planned for 2023. 

Tonya Smith
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

This fix will be included in the next patches to both the 2022.1 and 2022.3 Release versions. 

Tonya Smith
nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

I’m happy to announce that the fix has been released in the 2023.1 GA Release version May 17, 2023, which is available for download from our licensing portal

It is also available in the next patches:

2022.1.1 Patch 6 Release: Mar 29, 2023

2022.3.1 Patch 3 Release: May 5, 2023

Labels