Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tool/Formula Workflow Help

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Team,

Is there a tool/formula I can use to split my data in such a  way there are 2 results in the workflow -

NAMEAMOUNT
MTO5
CTO9
KTO1
BTO56
MTO21
CTO99

Result to further work on should be -

NAMEAMOUNT
MTO5
MTO21
CTO9
CTO99

and,

NAMEAMOUNT
KTO1
BTO56

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
NickSm
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @henrygeorge 

Can do this pretty easily with a Filter tool.  Example attached

name_filter.PNG

If you have more than just those two buckets to create, you could use the same process to add additional filters.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi,

I've filtered just for where Name = 'MTO' or 'CTO'

Formula in the filter [NAME] IN ('CTO', 'MTO')

Table 1:

image.png

Table 2:

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workbook for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

@Jonathan-Sherman @NickSm The Filter Tool can't be used here. As I don't want to filter it based on MTO and CTO. They should be automatic - in such a way that if KTO/MTO/BTO is matched with another KTO/MTO/BTO then, they should shown separately and the other single names should be shown separately. Basically if the names match push to separate result to work on; if names don't match push those names to another result to work on. Please advice how I can achieve this.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi,

Does this achieve what you're looking for in that case? Effectively, checking how many of each name exist and filtering for where the count > 1.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workbook for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels