Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize Survey into Pivot Table

rdanella
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I have a 5 question survey that I need to summarize by count and create into a pivot table. The first 4 questions have the same answers (exceeds/meets/below expectations/not observed), while the 5th question is a yes or no.

I need the output to look something like the below image.

rdanella_0-1678986706625.png

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

@rdanella can you provide some data so we can see the starting structure? Fairly simple request unless there's any unexpected transformation/cleansing you haven't mentioned.

rdanella
7 - Meteor

Of course! Below is how the file is outlined.

Team MemberTeamQ1Q2Q3Q4Q5
Person 1Team AExceeds ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsYes
Person 2Team AMeets ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsYes
Person 3Team AExceeds ExpectationsNot ObservedMeets ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsYes
Person 4Team BExceeds ExpectationsBelow ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsNo
Person 5Team BExceeds ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsBelow ExpectationsNot ObservedNo
Person 6Team BMeets ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsBelow ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsYes
Person 7Team CMeets ExpectationsBelow ExpectationsNot ObservedExceeds ExpectationsNo
Person 8Team CMeets ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsNot ObservedBelow ExpectationsNo
Person 9Team CMeets ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsBelow ExpectationsNo
Person 10Team DBelow ExpectationsMeets ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsNot ObservedYes
Person 11Team DBelow ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsYes
Person 12Team DNot ObservedExceeds ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsExceeds ExpectationsYes
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @rdanella, here's one way you can do it.

1) Transpose everything into Name/Value where we have the answers and questions numbers next to each other

2) Assign a dummy value of 1 next to each record that we can sum

3) Group on the answers, using question numbers as headers and sum as the aggregation when doing the final Cross Tab

DataNath_0-1678992382480.png

rdanella
7 - Meteor

this was perfect thank you!

Labels