Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting data based on percentages

golfromeo
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with what might be a simple solution but despite experimenting with various tools and searching the forums, I haven't been able to find the solution yet.

I'm basically trying to split one row into multiple rows based on a set % split. I'm trying to slice and dice a dataset into new industry classifications. Doing this manually in Excel would take me a long time, especially as different percentages apply to different countries. Wonder if there is a tool in Alteryx which can make this process easier?

I've attached a sample Excel file with what I'm trying to do, hopefully it's clear.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @golfromeo 

Here's one approach. I used a 'mapping' table to specify industries that have a sub-industry and appropriate %s. Then this data is joined up and transposed to update the amounts, and cross-tabbed back to the original format. Let me know if this works for you, I think this can be easily updated to layer in the country aspect. 

Luke_C_0-1618951009211.png

golfromeo
7 - Meteor

That works nicely, thank you!!

Labels