Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Splitting data based on percentages

golfromeo
Meteoro

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with what might be a simple solution but despite experimenting with various tools and searching the forums, I haven't been able to find the solution yet.

I'm basically trying to split one row into multiple rows based on a set % split. I'm trying to slice and dice a dataset into new industry classifications. Doing this manually in Excel would take me a long time, especially as different percentages apply to different countries. Wonder if there is a tool in Alteryx which can make this process easier?

I've attached a sample Excel file with what I'm trying to do, hopefully it's clear.

Thanks!

2 RESPOSTAS 2
Luke_C
Castor

Hi @golfromeo 

Here's one approach. I used a 'mapping' table to specify industries that have a sub-industry and appropriate %s. Then this data is joined up and transposed to update the amounts, and cross-tabbed back to the original format. Let me know if this works for you, I think this can be easily updated to layer in the country aspect. 

Luke_C_0-1618951009211.png

golfromeo
Meteoro

That works nicely, thank you!!

Rótulos