Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting Records for Processing according to row data

pootowoh
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I am sorry if this has already been responded, I searched and did not find anything.

I have a data set that appended multiple files, I now want to use Alteryx to separate the individual streams, process and put them back together. The part which is holding me up is separating them,

So the Datastream has one column that indicate the source, I could filter it out, however the number of sources varies according to the day the processing is being done. I have something like this

NameABCDEFG1
ValuedvAdvBdvCdvDdvEdvFdvGdvH1
AdjustmentdaAdaBdvCdvDdvEdvFdvGdvH1
Name12131415161718192
Valuedv12dv13dv14dv15dv16dv17dv18dv192
Adjustmentda12da13da14da15da16da17da18da192

I need to transpose this to become something like

NameValueAdjustment
AdvAdaA
BdvBdaB
12dv12da12
13dv13da13

The problem is if I transpose the data set it will only get the first instance and not the others. The only way I see this working is if I split the data when it finds a new source, transpose and then joining them again (if you have another suggestion, I'm open to it).

I tested with multiple filters, but I need a more generic solution that would work for a different number of entries, anyone knows if this is possible?

It is not possible for me to get the separate sources.

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@pootowoh,

This approach does create the desired results for you.  It separates the data based upon the rows being {Name, Value, Adjustment} and constructs the data according to the row number {1}.  The first row of data read is in the first row (not a fieldname).

capture.png

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
pootowoh
6 - Meteoroid

That works fine. I still have a problem that sometimes adjustments are more than one line, but I will figure that out. Thanks!

Labels