Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Split multiple tables in a tab into separate tabs

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Attached is a sample of an excel where I have multiple data tables in one single tab.

What I am trying to achieve here is split the tables separately in to different tabs as an output in a single excel file. 

I was using IIF logic in Multi-row-formula tool, but it is throwing things off. Any help on this will be superb!

Thanks,

db89

3 REPLIES 3
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Start by using a multi-row formula to flag each of the tables. Then use a formula tool to create the FilePath in a new field based on the Index of the Multirow tool. In your output tool tick the box that says Take File/Table Name from Field and select the new field you created with the Formula tool. This will output each table into a new tab.

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hey @cjaneczko 

Appreciate your reply, I was using IIF logic in Multi-row-formula tool, but it is flagging every tables the same way. 

Would you like to share how you are doing it with a sample?

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

The following should work to group the tables. Form1 is column A in your example. 

if contains([Row-1:Form1],'complete') then [Row-1:INDEX] + 1 else [Row-1:INDEX] endif

Labels