Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spacing adjustment and dynamic sizing for phone and laptop views while viewing emails

VinithaNair
7 - Meteor

I have the following workflow that automates emails to respective recipients. When viewed from the PC screen, the email layout looks okay, but if the user views it on the phone, the contents in the table tend to autowrap and the table looks way too squeezed in. So if there is a very long name under the "Company" or "Holder" column, the user will not be able to view the names easily as everything gets autowrapped. Is there an option to size the layout in such a way that when a user views the email through the phone it looks more spaced out and not squeezed in as shown in the image below? At the same time when viewing on the PC/Laptop the table layout fits the view perfectly?

In addition to this, I would also like to reduce the space between the first text "Today's price alert email. Thanks" and the Table below. I can increase the spaces between the first line and the first text to make the spaces look equidistant from each other but I need to reduce the space between the text and Table. Would highly appreciate a workaround solution for the above formatting changes.

Cheers,

Vinitha

2 REPLIES 2
abe_ibanez
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

You can set the column width to a fixed width instead of telling it to use 100% of the display:

image.png

This means that on mobile, the user will need to scroll right to see the whole table, but it will stop it from squishing all the columns into a single view. 

Alternatively, what I normally do is also write the data to an Excel file and attach it to the email so that the end user can also open the spreadsheet in Excel and manipulate it as they see fit. 

VinithaNair
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot! This worked :)

Labels