Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Small Numbers Return 0

jyeung753
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone, 

I was hoping someone could help solve why some of my data (values which are rather small) return 0 when I run my workflow and output the data. 

The data looks fine when input, however once the workflow runs, all small numbers either return 0 or blank. I have tried using the select tool to change the data type to fixed decimal and so on. 

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has a solution to this problem. See reference material. 

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
RSreeSurya
9 - Comet

Hello,

I tried running your workflow, the numbers look fine and the total is also inline with the excel total. Could you please give an example , in which row number you are getting blanks  or 0 along with screenshot, this helps to understand the issue. 

jyeung753
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I figured it out. I am using the Find Replace tool for the data mentioned in this workflow - I failed to realize I was appending the data with some rows not containing a CUSIP. Which was the factor reading in the data. After some adjustments I am able to return all lines of data without 0's. 

I will mark this solved, thank you!

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @jyeung753 ,

I do not see zero or blank in the output data of your workflow.

But I see that the Select tool is configured to convert the number columns to Fixed Decimal (255.4), which is causing conversion errors.

Select tool configuration

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1684941258776.png

Conversion errors

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1684941410550.png

If you don't have a specific reason to use Fixed Decimal,

I would recommend changing the data type Double which will not cause conversion errors.

Labels