Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Skipping previous month load if it is January

Felipe_Amancio
7 - Meteor

Hi Masters

I have a workflow where I need to calculate the current month value which is obtained by subtracting the previous month YTD from the current month YTD.

By selecting the current date in the interface, the dynamic input pulls automatically the previous month file and makes a join with the current month file.

This works fine for every month but the first month of the year for which there is no previous month data.

Is there a way to add a condition to skip/ignore the dynamic input  from previous month (highlighted below) if the selected month is January?

Thanks

Felipe

skip previous month.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
jdminton
12 - Quasar

Try adding a filter after the input file with DateTimeMonth([Current Month]) != 1. Send the true side on through the process. You may need to do something with the false side to pass through a message to the user that there isn't a prior month in the YTD data. 

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Felipe_Amancio 

An example workflow

Felipe_Amancio
7 - Meteor

Thanks Geraldo!. I had to make a small addition to your solution but it showed me how to solve it!Skip previous month2.jpg

prakashkaur189
6 - Meteoroid

Agreed, this is the easiest way to do so. 

Labels