Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sheet Not Found on Input from Export XLSX from CRM

JakeW
7 - Meteor

Hello all! Hope your days are going well.

My organization has CRM and we often do exports of spreadsheets of specific advanced finds. We then have an alteryx app that dynamically reads in the file that was exported out of CRM. However, we have always had to get into this raw export, and re-save the file so that alteryx can read in the sheet name of the file. For some odd reason, the input tool will not recognize the sheet names from the raw export. 

The file is in xlsx format (not xls as i've seen that has caused issues before), and the directory tool finds the file fine. I've even gone to the extent of utilizing the directory tool to pull the full path of the file, and then try to append the sheet name using a formula tool, to then send into a dynamic input tool, and even that will not work.

Has anyone run into this issue before? At some point I hope we can set up the CRM integration, but have not to this point.

JakeW_0-1628190639556.png

13 REPLIES 13
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @JakeW 

The error indicates that your input file doesn't have a sheet named Sheet1.

Please check and confirm.

JakeW
7 - Meteor

That is correct. When I drag and drop the file into the canvas, it only gives me "Sheet1" to select from. I do not have a Sheet1.

JakeW_0-1628191984923.png

JakeW_1-1628193310390.png

JakeW
7 - Meteor

Also...after opening the workbook and saving, it does then find the sheet we want (Opportunity Advanced Find View), plus a "hiddenSheet" that I don't even see when the workbook is open in excel.

JakeW_0-1628193461777.png

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @JakeW 

Try this.

Sample workflow attached.

Capture.PNG

JakeW
7 - Meteor

Thanks HomesickSurfer,

I used your workflow only updating the directory path and template, and get this error on the dynamic input:

It does read in a file from the Directory Tool, but once it tries to read in the sheet, it gets confused...

JakeW_0-1628194502578.png

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @JakeW 

Did you call the sheet in your Dynmaic Input template?

Use a template that you first opened after export from CRM and then saved as .xlsx.

Capture.PNG

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @JakeW 

I recall seeing similar posts about this where system generated files sometimes had issues with the tabs not being readable. Could be a byproduct of how your CRM exports the file. I'm trying to dig up the post for further reference.

JakeW
7 - Meteor

I run into the same problem there unfortunately. If I haven't opened the file in excel, straight from CRM, then even connecting to it in the template, it won't find the sheets. To get the template to read, I have to open that file and re-save just to get it to find the sheets to have as a template. 

JakeW
7 - Meteor

That's what i'm playing with now...seeing if I can export the file out another way that the input tool will accept. Thanks Luke.

Labels